Alliance Spacesystems, LLC staff provide a unique combination of world-class flight hardware and satellite engineering expertise in a small, customer-focused business environment. We look for the best engineers and technicians, innovators and problem-solvers to join us. We are located in Los Alamitos, CA.
We offer excellent benefits including medical, dental, vision, matching 401k, life and disability insurance. We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Alliance Spacesystems LLC, positions require access to defense articles, equipment, technical information or service that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must be a "U.S. Person" as defined by ITAR, 22 CFR 120.15, 8 USC 1101(a)(20), and 8 USC 1324b(a)(3)."
Position: Human Resources Manager
Date Revised: January 2015
Date Written: March 2011
Classification: Salaried; Exempt
Reports to: President
Location: Los Alamitos, CA
Essential Job Functions:
Maintain and enhance the organization's human resources by planning, implementing, and evaluating employee relations and human resources policies, programs, and practices.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruiting and Staffing: maintain full-cycle recruiting efforts and process all hires and terminations, including conducting new hire orientation and exit interviews.
- Training and Development: coordinate training initiatives to support business goals and encourage continuous learning among employees; maintain compliance with state and federal training requirements; maintain training records; support Quality audits for training needs.
- Benefits Administration: coordinate all employee benefits including renewal and carrier selection for group insurance and retirement plans; oversee billing reconciliation; act as fiduciary and internal auditor for the retirement plan; administer worker’s compensation; develop and implement benefits education programs for employees.
- Employee Relations: investigate claims and resolve disputes; manage potential, pending, or ongoing litigation; counsel employees and managers; foster a work environment that embraces diversity, mutual respect and teamwork.
- Performance Management: organize and oversee the performance management system, including annual and mid-year reviews; assist with employee rewards or disciplinary actions as needed.
- Compensation: oversee pay practices and reward systems for all employees; monitor practices to ensure fair compensation with respect to internal and external equity; coordinate annual compensation reviews.
- Payroll Support: ensure compliance with wage and hour legislation; assist with payroll changes; update HRIS and accounting databases.
- Compliance: ensure legal compliance with all government laws and regulations including, but not limited to, labor relations, OSHA, EEOC, Affirmative Action, FLSA, ADA, safety, wage and hour and workers’ compensation.
- Manage and maintain employee data, including personnel, benefit, payroll, performance management, and training files; oversee maintenance of electronic personnel records.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted, modified or changed at any time at the Company’s discretion. Changes may be made formally, informally either verbally or in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, negotiation, decision-making, planning, and presentation skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field and/or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years Human Resources experience in Generalist or Manager roles
- PHR or SPHR certification preferred
- Must be proficient in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Excellent oral and written communication and listening skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills to include ability to create, implement, and manage detailed projects
- Ability to strongly contribute to creating an environment where others can flourish, be creative, develop and grow.
- Extensive knowledge of and ability to coach, counsel, and consult and develop others
- Experience in both professional and manufacturing environments is a plus.
Job duties are performed primarily in an office setting but will require regular visits to manufacturing departments.
- Able to work at a desk using a computer, keyboard, and mouse90% of the time.
- Read, write and converse in the English language.
- Operate a computer including a keyboard and mouse.
- Able to review, process, retrieve and file paper work (may include lifting up to 25lbs)
- Able to use phone system to place and answer calls
Must be authorized to work in the United States.
A 40 hour workweek is standard, but at times additional hours may be required to fulfill the duties and responsibilities named above.
To apply, please submit your resume to:
Please review our open positions below; if your ideal position is not currently available, please check in with us again soon!
We will ask to obtain a backround check report. We conduct drug tests as part of our pre-employment screening process.